One of the most underrated ways to carry your tackle!
Backpack tackle boxes are quickly becoming one of the top sellers. Whether you are shoreline fishing, fishing on a boat or in the outdoors.
Having a convenient way to carry all of your tackle is important.
The advantage of these fishing tackle boxes is that you can use them for pretty much anything. You can take them on a fishing trip, and then the next day you can take them while hiking or bank fishing. The idea is that they keep you organized so that you do not spend half your day looking for a small item in your bag storage.
But what if you don’t know what’s the best angler sling or angler backpack out there? With this article, we will help you with some suggestions, as well as tips on how to choose a good model. Let’s get started!
Who Uses Backpack Tackle Boxes?
- Backcountry Fisherman: A tackle backpack is the best solution to take your fishing gear with you to remote locations.You may be not going to a remote location. Maybe you’re just going with your truck at a nearby lake – but it will all be easier to make one trip with the backpack from your vehicle than going back multiple times to take what you need.
- Fly Fisherman: Tackle backpacks are just plane convenient and easy to fish it. We love using sling backpacks for fly fishing. Use them to keep your fly box and fly fishing equipment in it.
- All Fisherman: Several of my friends use only backpack tackle boxes while shore fishing and even boat fishing. They are truly a multi-functional tackle storage, as you can use them in various circumstances – such as trekking or even carrying it to work if you have many tools.
Top 5 Backpack Tackle Boxes for the Money
Choosing a good tackle sling is not easy to do – even when you know what to look for. Based on thorough research, we chose a few models that are popular among users. Let’s see them!
Fishing Tackle Backpack Features
Before deciding on a backpack tackle box, there are several factors to consider. These factors include the following:
- Waterproof When you’re changing lures and working with wet hands, the chances are that the backpack is going to soak up and retain a musky smell. Choosing a waterproof backpack, on the other hand, will ensure that the backpack is dried quickly and cleaned just as fast. Backpacks that are waterproof will also be great for preventing skin irritations.
Bear in mind there is a difference between “waterproof” and “water resistant.” A backpack made from waterproof fabric will keep your gear dry even if you are caught in heavy rain – rejecting most of the water even in extreme conditions.
A water-resistant backpack tackle box, on the other hand, will keep your gear dry only in light rain conditions, just enough until you reach shelter. It is recommended that you do not stay for long in the rain with a water-resistant bag, as it will just lightly protect your gear from moisture.
- Convenience Basically, when you are picking a tackle box, you do it for one reason only: you’re tired of pricking your finger through hooks each time you’re looking for a new lure. This is why a backpack tackle box needs to have as many pockets as possible. They will help you stay organized. Similarly, look for backpacks that can be easily unzipped. This way, you can spend more time on fishing and less time on dealing with a hassle.
- Comfort A fishing backpack will be carried around for most of the day, so you’ll have to be sure that it’s comfortable. Sure, it has to be tough – but if the straps are digging into your shoulders, then you’ll dread wearing it every time you go fishing. Look for shoulder straps that are well-padded – and make sure that the weight is evenly distributed on your back. Double-strap backpacks are generally your safest bet.
- Durability Overall, a backpack needs to be durable; you don’t want to buy a backpack tackle box now only to discover two weeks later that you need a new one. Make sure that the material is robust and resilient, therefore ensuring its long life.
- Weight You chose a backpack tackle box because you have a lot of gear to carry with you – so it will be more than slightly inconvenient to buy something that is almost half the weight of what you are carrying. You will want a backpack that feels as lightweight as possible, giving you an uplifting feeling the moment you throw it on your back.
- Size Each individual will carry different amounts of gear when they go fishing, hiking, etc. – which is why you will need a model that will fit all of your gear. When buying a backpack tackle box, make sure that your choice has enough storage to fit all your gear – but is not overly large either. A bigger backpack may sound like a good idea – but if you’re only carrying a few items with you, then you don’t need something that will unnecessarily drag you down.
1. Wild River WT3604 Tackle Tek Nomad Lighted Backpack – Editors Choice
This backpack is among the favorite options when it comes to fishing. It’s simple, yet comfortable enough to ensure that your fishing experience is top notch. Having a fairly large storage area, you can pack a lot of gear with you.
This backpack also comes with a divider that can be removed based on your preferences. This way, you may turn it into a full-sized backpack, allowing you to carry much larger items.
This item also features an inner LED system that is very useful in low-light conditions. This way, you won’t have to bring extra gear with your just to look in your backpack. It also has many pockets where you can store any smaller items.
Not only is this bag’s material waterproof, but it also features a rain cover. This way, your fishing gear will be protected even when it comes to heavy rain. It also includes base pads, which are highly convenient when it comes to reducing wear and tear. Wild River has other notable backpacks such as the Wild River tackle tek recon and Wild River tackle tek nomad xp as well.
Those who want to be stylish as they go fishing will definitely like this backpack tackle box. Featuring a spider and web design, it will aesthetically please everyone – especially if you fancy these sorts of designs.
The backpack itself is fairly spacious. You may use the top compartment to store personal items such as your cell phone, your keys, and many others. The middle box is basically a cooler, so you can store things such as drinks, food, or live bait. Last but not least, the utility boxes at the bottom may be used to store and organize things such as lures, lines, and so on.
With this backpack, you get three utility boxes of medium size, as well as several smaller pockets to organize your items. At the same time, the backpack is made from a soft, comfortable yet durable material that won’t create any discomfort as you are walking around.
If you’re looking for something that is both comfortable and affordable, then the Lixada backpack is certainly a great investment. Considering that it features two shoulder straps, all the weight is evenly distributed over your back. Furthermore, the comfort is increased thanks to the generously padded straps that will not dig into your shoulders.
The pockets and overall materials for this backpack are water resistant, which means that your gear is protected in case of sudden rain. They are also zippered, which further increases their water-resistant properties.
The backpack has plenty of compartments, including a divider that separates the bag into multiple sections. There is also enough space to add two or three small to medium-sized tackle boxes – therefore allowing you to stay organized.
Like many backpack tackle boxes brought by Wild River, the 3606 did not disappoint. Featuring multiple large compartments, this model is great for those who like to bring a lot of gear with them and love outdoors fishing. No matter if you are a fisherman, a hunter, or a simple hiker, this should have all the space you need to keep all your necessities.
The materials from which this backpack was made is highly waterproof, meaning that your belongings will be protected in case of heavy rain. The shoulder straps are also large and generously padded, increasing the comfort of the backpack.
Moreover, this model features a built-in work surface where you can get your work done. All you have to do is fold down the front pocket, and the area will be ready.
One of the things you’ll grow to appreciate on the Shimano is the fact that it evenly distributes the weight on your shoulders and back. This will make it a lot easier for you to carry your gear – making this the perfect option for a longer trekking spree.
The backpack was made to be as functional as it could possibly be, featuring many pockets where you can store your gear. Furthermore, the side pockets are actual flaps that can be completely open, allowing you access to the gear in a much simpler manner.
The backpack itself may not be waterproof, but it does come with a rain cover that works just as well in light rain conditions. You also have mesh rod holders that you may use to carry your fishing gear – or whatever similar tools you might have.
Top 3 Fishing Sling Backpacks
1. Piscifun Sports Sling bag – Best Sling Backpack
This backpack is perfect for all types of activities including fishing, cycling, hiking, and all the whatnots. If you like going light, then this backpack tackle box with an ergonomic design is definitely the one for you.
This bag features superior workmanship. It is made from weather-resistant nylon material, so it will protect your gear from rain and all kinds of unfavorable conditions. Plus, considering that it adopts the sling style, it is also highly fashionable. You have several colors to choose from, including black, brown, and blue.
It may be small, but it features many pockets. Aside from its decently spacious main compartment, it also has a slim mesh pocket and two Velcro-closing ones.
Overall, this bag can be taken with you on all kinds of outdoor activities, no matter if we’re talking about fishing, cycling, or going on a hunt.
This tackle box-like backpack is perfect to hold the basics for your fishing trips in one place. It’s lightweight, compact, yet spacious enough if you want to take a few lures, baits, and other fishing accessories. It is also the kind of bag that can be taken outdoors as well, as a daily backpack.
This sling backpack features multiple compartments that allow you to organize your gear. Similarly, the smaller front pockets can be used to store things such as cell phones, headphones, keys, wallets, and so on. Furthermore, the bag features a hook where you can connect more side bags – for those that like carrying more gear with them.
Made from canvas, this backpack is fairly durable. The seaming is sturdy, so it will likely last a good time before you have to replace it.
When you are on a budget, you don’t feel really comfortable spending hundreds of dollars on a backpack; however, this sling tackle bag is a stylish, good choice for anyone looking for something affordable.
With its black color and spider web design, many people would find this backpack the perfect choice. Furthermore, thanks to its multiple pockets, you have more than enough space to store and organize your gear.
Made from durable polyester, this backpack is water-resistant and will offer your gear decent protection from the rain. The adjustable strap can be worn on both the left and the right side, so it does not matter what preferences you have.
The exterior pockets have a zipper closure, meaning that everything you store in there is safe from falling. The zippers are also anti-theft, so if you decide to wear the bag on a daily basis in public, there should be no problems related to theft.
The backpack includes one medium-sized utility tackle box in which you can organize all your fishing gear. The box is removable, which means that the bag can be turned at all times into a regular sling backpack.
Picking the best backpack tackle box is definitely not simple. A popular option seems to be the WT3640 by Wild River – mostly because of its storage space and integrated LED lighting system. The other options, however, are just as favorable, and it all depends on your preferences.
Make sure that your backpack tackle box of choice has enough storage to fit your gear, but also that it’s waterproof to withstand rainy conditions. Generally, the higher its waterproof ability, the more it will last through the test of time.