Best Musky Fishing Lures 2018
Best Muskie Lures / Baits
Musky are not known as the fish of 10,000 casts for no reason – they are hard to catch! It takes more than cunning to hook-on these prized fish; you need a good lure. For your next Musky hunt, consider using one of these ten lures!
Savage Gear 3D 6” Line Thru Trout Swimbait
Although the name suggests its use is for Trout, the Savage Gear 3D Swimbait can be picked up for under $5 on Amazon and does just the trick for the “fool’em” mind hoax for Musky. It is designed for a variety of floating to sink ratios.
Even the largest sizes have a reasonable price point and many contributions make the lure worth the extra few dollars:
- 3D imitation of a real hatchery trout
- Internal jig head holding an ultra-sharp hook
- Side swimming action
- Kicking paddle tail
- Hook is created for super strength
|Okuma Fishing Tackle Savage Gear Real Trout Swimbait Slow Sinking Lure, Light Trout, 5-Inch - 1...||$9.58||Amazon|
Mepps Magnum Musky Killer, BLK PERCH
Although a little high-priced, it is worth the money spent. They can take a pounding and can handle big fish hooking!
A hair away from a full 5-star rating, the lure is made to impress:
- 143% bigger than typical Mepps Musky Killer
- Large blades spin even at low retrieve rates
- Excellent results for retrieving against currents
- Adaptable operation for numerous terrain
- Manufactured with high-grade material
Okuma Fishing Tackle Savage Gear Real Eel Prerigged Slow Sinking Lure
Although ideal for offshore fishing, any angler can appreciate this lure. The only thing comparable to it is using live bait!
It encompasses nice attractions to convince you to give it a chance:
- Tail kicking action
- Ultimate 3D eel imitation
- Integrated top hook and secured bottom treble hook
- Limitless retrieve speed
- Realistic colors
|Okuma Fishing Tackle Savage Gear Real Eel Prerigged Slow Sinking Lure, Golden Ambulance, 8-Inch - 1...||$7.99||Amazon|
Lunkerhunt Lunker Frog Series 2.5-Inch Great Tea
Branching out from fish and worms, this lure is shaped as the name describes – a frog. Enticing to Musky as it resembles a choice of prey.
9 lb 3 oz Bass Attacks Frog
The lure’s high-quality is assured with specific key features:
- Weedless design
- Super soft hollow body
- Top life-like frog design
- Replicated frog movements
- Withstands multiple uses
|Lunkerhunt LF01 Lunker Frog Series 2.5-Inch Green Tea Style Fishing Lure||$7.45||Amazon|
Blue Fox Vibrax Muskie Buck
This lure is one of the cheapest bang for your buck options that does not sacrifice quality. They come with tandem hooks!
Aside from the hooks, they have a lot to give:
- Patented “torque-free” design
- Exceptional double-sound source
- Twist line elimination
- High hook up ratio for strikes
- Built to last
|Blue Fox Classic Vibrax Spinner, 7/16-Ounce, Red Tipped/Silver Flake||$4.89||Amazon|
Musky Innovations Bull Dawg – (Walleye Color)
A rocking tail motion design strongly attracts big fish. The Bull Dawg convinces those even skeptical of lures.
Their persuasion is backed by positive characteristics:
- Robustness for long-lasting use
- Excellent deep, cool water yield
- Promising catch rate
- Year-round use
- Effective color combination
Mepps Muskie Killer Spinner, Silver/Black
Notorious for Muskie fishing, the lure is made from real deer and squirrel hair. Currently, no synthetic material can match its quality.
There are other components fuel its uniqueness:
- Convincing natural presentation
- Quick-spin blade
- Spinning capabilities with slow retrieval
- Flashy and vibrant for fish enticement
- Competent for fast water coverage
Mepps Musky Killer Lure – Black Orange – ¾ oz
This lure is specialized for high-performance during early-season. Anglers testify to its multi-purpose catch capabilities; claiming to also snag largemouth bass and more.
Additional features compliment this lure’s worth:
- Proven inline spinner action
- Versatile in warm and cold water
- Rapid retrieve
- Durable for tough conditions
- Strong wear and tear resistance
|Mepp's Musky Killer Dressed Fishing Lure, 3/4-Ounce, Hot Orange/Black Orange Tail||$11.99||Amazon|
Rapala Super Shad Rap – Peacock
With a rating of nearly 5-stars, this lure might be your top pick to test. Reviewers rave of the lure’s favorable maneuvering action in the water and its quality is backed by a reputable company.
This lure has impressive features to offer you:
- Running depth of 5’-9’
- Same catching power compared to the Super Shad Rap
- Imitation of favorite prey of fish for Musky
- Easy to use in variety of terrains like structure or vegetation
- Built for durability
|Rapala Super Shad Rap 14 Fishing lure, 5.5-Inch, Blue Gill||$17.49||Amazon|
Drifter Tackle Believer 8” Jointed Crankbait, Yellow
If you want to maintain action, this lure is a top contestant for you. Desirable movement is complimented with strengthened structure.
Built for big-hitting fish, it won’t disappoint your expectations:
- Duel-level diving
- Hard plastic construction with hollowed inside
- Multiple speeds for multiple depths
- Large duo lock swivel
- Sustainability coupled with reliability
|Musky Mania Jointed Believer, Orange Tiger, 8-Inch||$25.48||Amazon|
Give them a shot and see what they can yield!
Mepps Magnum Musky Killer is a tried and true favorite tiger muskie lure, specifically designed to catch and handle hogs. It’s no secret that BIG fish want to eat BIG baits, and the Mepps Magnum Musky Killer is among the biggest! We consider these to be the best muskie lures in the bucktail variety. They are outfitted with all the qualities and features that pike and trophy muskie fishermen look for in a big lure. Features such as easy changability, like a heavy #7 solid brass blade allowing for maximum flash, heavy-duty premium VCM 5/0 cone cut treble hooks. This classic muskie lure weighs in at 1 1/4 ozs. Bucktails are without a doubt one of the best muskie lures.