Best Soft Tackle Boxes and Bags for 2019
My favorite way to carry tackle in 2019 is with a soft tackle bag. They are versatile for any situation.
We scoured the internet to find the best reviewed soft bags on the internet. Below are our best picks!
Okeechobee might not be a very well-known brand, but perhaps it’s our duty to change this. The Fats T1200 is a great bass fishing tackle box that allows you to store up to 8 boxes concomitantly.
- Heavy-duty fabric
- Top-load main compartment comes with four large utility boxes
- Two front tool holders
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Front accessory pocket with zippered closure
- Two exterior side zippered pockets
- Sunglasses compartment
- Includes 4 large utility boxes
- Bag dimensions: 13.5 x 8.4 x 1.8 inches
It is made of heavy-duty, waterproof polyester that offers it a certain degree of durability. The main compartment can hold 8 utility boxes, but that’s not all: this bag comes with all sorts of pockets from top to bottom.
We’re pretty sure people will think this is too small at a first glance. It’s true, it does look somewhat tiny in the pictures, but the reality is altogether different. It’s got “Fats” in its name for a reason. This might entail that it’s heavy – wrong again.
It’s surprisingly lightweight for such a sizeable tackle bag. No matter how much tackle you have, you can rest assured it will all fit in this beast.
|Okeechobee Fats FBA300WFSH-000 Fisherman Deluxe Tackle Bag, 4 Utility Tackle Boxes, Brown/Green||$42.99||Amazon|
When you go fishing on a summer day, you can’t do a good job without a decent pair of sunglasses. Instead of just keeping them about, you can store them in a pocket that was specifically designed for sunglasses. It has a hard shell that absorbs all the damage that might break the lenses.
We all know that tackle bags often have a small, yet incredibly annoying problem: the low-quality zippers. Fortunately, the ones on the T1200 are great and feel very well-made. If you’re looking for a super affordable and reliable tackle bag, this is your best option.
Spiderwire’s tackle bag can hold up to 4 boxes, so it’s a lot smaller than the T1200. Anyway, it makes up for that by having various pockets, two dispensers of fishing line and even slots for pliers.
- Polyester with durable PVC backing / Strap with polypropylene webbing
- Soft-sided 38.8-liter fishing bag with waterproof, skid-resistant molded base keeps bag from sagging
- Roomy design holds up to four large tackle boxes (included)
- Made from tough 1680 denier polyester with a durable PVC backing
- Two front pockets with fishing organizers; dual holders for easy access to pliers
- Measures 15.75 x 10.8 x 8.2 inches; backed by lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
The exterior is all tough denier, whereas the interior is polyester. This rugged exterior accounts for the fact that it’s less likely that you’ll get this scratched if you throw it around.
The bottom is rugged enough to withstand moisture, rocks, sand and all sorts of things that could potentially tear the bottom of a common tackle bag.
It might not be as large as the T1200, but it still provides plenty of storage room. The chances are that there’ll still be some space left in it after you’ve stored all your tackle. The zippers are high-quality, just like the overall product.
The boxes that come with it are somewhat flimsy, so you shouldn’t be surprised if they’re all broken when the bag finally gets to you. This isn’t that troublesome, considering that many fishermen change the boxes anyway.
Considering the fact that it comes for approximately $50, it is definitely a trustworthy alternative to the T1200. It is durable and lightweight and offers a lot of storage space – what else would you need?
There are times when you can stumble upon a fishing bag that looks so amazing that you’re reluctant to use it for the purpose it was made for. This is the case of YOGAYET’s product, a beautiful brown, stylish bag that fits 3 boxes in it (2 are large and 1 is small).
- With three trays(contains two large boxes, a small box.) for fishing lures and accessories organization.The large box (with Adjustable Dividers) Dimensions,8.66”*11.22”*1.41”/ 22*28.5*3.6cm. The small box Dimensions,8.07”*5.7*1.41”/ 20.5*14.5*3.8cm.
- The fishing tackle bag’s dimensions(L*W*H):15.75″*5.91″*7.48″/40*15*19cm,well capacity storage area for fishing gear and tackle boxes.
- YOGAYET fishing tackle bag is made of water-resistant 600D high density nylon fabrics, multiple storage compartments and exterior pockets, designed for outdoor sports.
It was made of water-resistant nylon fabrics and canvas. Say “canvas” and the roar of thousands of fishermen screaming “No!” in unison will be deafening. Yes, in many cases, canvas is proof that the bag you’ve purchased is of an extremely low quality.
In this case, though, it’s in a combination with nylon, which results in a tough material. In terms of storage, it can gulp on quite a few things, in spite of the fact that it can only hold 3 boxes.
|YOGAYET Fishing Tackle Bag Multifunctional Lure Waist Pack Waterproof Soft Sided Waist Shoulder...||$52.99||Amazon|
It’s got a multitude of inner pockets that can be used for storing things you might need on your fishing trip. The tackle can be accessed within seconds, without removing the bag from the shoulder, which is a great plus, considering you’ve got to think and act fast when fishing.
When you use a solid box, you’ll have to squat in order to get your tackle. Plus, if it’s got many units, you’ll lose some precious time looking for the item you need. A bag like the YOGAYET prevents both those misfortunes.
This costs approximately $60, but don’t let its price fool you: everything about it screams “high quality”. This is currently among YOGAYET’s highest rated tackle bags, for obvious reasons.
- DIMENSIONS(L*H*W):13.8*6.3*5.2inch / 35*16*13cm. The fishing tackle bag is multifunctional, and send with a adjustable, detachable strap, can be used as waist bag, shoulder bag and handbags.
- STRONG QUALITY: The fishing tackle bag is made of high quality 2000D Water-Resistant Nylon Fabrics. With extra firm stitched, high quality ABS buckle and YKK zipper( The originator of the zipper industry), more durable in different conditions.
Whereas the previous bags were made of polyester, this is made of a special nylon fabric that can withstand the most unwelcoming grounds. You kind of get a sense of how large it is just by looking at it but wait until you actually hold it in your hands.
It’s got plenty of pockets all throughout the interior, as well as different slots for fishing rods, pliers, a water bottle, knives and pretty much any piece of equipment you’d rather keep handy and not in some secret pocket.
|BLISSWILL Fishing Tackle Bags Waist Fishing Bag Water-Resistant Fishing Gear Storage Bag Fly Fishing...||$27.52||Amazon|
The thing with tackle bags is that you should be able to access your items immediately, without removing the bag from your shoulder or waist. Many brands fail at meeting this important criterion, but not this.
It’s super comfortable and even if it has a quite large strap, this doesn’t become an impediment when it comes to grabbing your items, without losing precious time. Priced at just a little above $30, this is what you’d call a steal.
- Pink Mossy Oak 13″ ladies duffel bag has a D shaped main compartment opening for bigger items
- 2 front zipper pocket for extra storage
- 1 front Velcro pocket for small accessories
- Adjustable removable shoulder strap and thick padded handle for easy carry
- This ladies tote is perfect for trips to the zoo, parks, or even a diaper/travel bag for the kids.
The design is quite impressive, considering that we wouldn’t have expected a camouflage motif to go so well with pink zippers and straps. The bag features a huge inner compartment that can hold many tackle boxes, depending on their size. The Mossy Oak duffle bag has been a favorite pink fishing tackle bag for many people.
You can easily fit 3 large trays in it without any issue. The side pockets also offer a lot of storage room. Due to the fact that it is a soft bag, you can fit more tackle in it than you would in a solid tackle box.
|Explorer Tactical Pink Mossy Oak Multi Purpose Sport Duffel Bag||$24.87||Amazon|
The best thing about this, apart from it being so roomy, is its weight. Even when packed full of fishing accessories, it manages to remain light and easy to carry around. Believe it or not, this comes for about $30 and it can compete with a $100 tackle bag anytime, day or night.
The exterior is pretty rugged, so you can rest assured this will last you a good couple of years even if you wear it in bad weather conditions. Instead of spending over $100 on a tackle bag, you can just settle for this.
It is in no way less efficient than a more expensive bag and provides a ton of room. In fact, even after you’ve put all your gear into it, you’ll still have plenty of space for other accessories like your phone, wallet, sunglasses and – why not? – some make-up.
Again, this is not a tackle bag per se, but if you give yourself the time to read some testimonials on the Internet, you’ll see that it’s been used for two primary purposes: carrying guns and range paraphernalia and storing fishing tackle. Definitely recommended – all the more so since it’s extremely high-quality.